we got two chicks *photos*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crysmom, Oct 29, 2007.

1. crysmom

crysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    Well we came back from the poultry show. Went down to get bantam cochins pullets came back with two little 1 week old buff cochin chicks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We still have standard eggs set to hatch Nov 1st, Can I put the 1 weeks old chicks together with the ones we are hatching? the cochins are bantams (the older ones) and the new ones are standard chanteclers

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Those are just precious. [​IMG]
    I've read on hear that if they grow up together maybe they would be okay. Don't take my word on that though, you need a more experienced chicken lover.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    So cute - and already playing with legos - what smart chicks! [​IMG]

I can tell you must have kids - we use what is laying around, don't we! Good idea though, the legos will keep the chicks out of the waterer.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yeah, once the day olds can stand and are perky, you can put them together, I put my chicks together with up to a 3 week difference. I make sure the youngest can stand and can find food first though.

5. crysmom

crysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    That's great to know I didn't want to have to buy a second brooder lamp. [​IMG] they sure are cute little buggers especially when they are scratching around lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by