We had a chick PARTY

nanawendy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 28, 2009
Bellingham Wa
My GS are here for 2 wks and we thought we'd have a party to share our chick JOY with others. My primary kids and their siblings came (15 in all) and their parents (7). I had 2 of our young women friends (12y/o) teach simple concepts to the kids. They got to hold the older chicks and watch the 3 day olds learn to eat. We had a chick story read by my GS call "little chicks breakfast" and they each got a small bag of cracked corn to feed the hens. We sent them home with a muffin a plastic egg with a little yellow chicka in it to remember their day. One hour was all it took, and tons of fun. But now I'm exhausted.
Just thought I'd share... Mom's took pics but my hand were full maybe I can show some tomorrow??

thumbsup.gif
GREAT I need to get my little friends and do somthing like this
celebrate.gif

How cool
clap.gif
one of the families was already interested in starting w/ chickens and another friend just called and wants more info. They just bought a house and was wondering what kind of pet-age they should get. Not that I was trying to win anyone over
gig.gif
but they will probably buy young pullets from me as they want some this year and don't feel equipped to brood and build a coop.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yeah I get to get some more chicks
woot.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom