We had a Huge Fire Yesterday!!! PICS!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hollymh, Jun 15, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I just wanted to share, since we live in Guam the FD is very different and let me get up close and personal. Apparently they could see the concern on my face b/c the fire was only about 50-75yrs from our house!!! Fortunately they got it under control about 35yrs from the house lol It was a very invigorating, scary experience!

The first pics are from the beggining when my two-yr old came and said "mommmy it's snowing!" and I went to the window and saw the ashes raining and grabbed my camera, I couldn't get close then b/c my husband wasn't home and I wasn't about to take my child up there!!!

As you can see our houses are made out of solid concrete so they wouldn't have burned down, but still, scary stuff!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then when hubby got home I put my big girl panties on an ran up the mountain to get these lol I did get burned, but dang I got some good shots [​IMG]

I was told 1000+ acres burned yesterday
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    Eeek! That is scary! I'm glad your family and your home are okay.

3. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    Wow!!! Scary stuff! Gorgeous pictures though... isn't fire beautiful?

ETA: Beautiful when nothing gets hurt, anyways. [​IMG] Glad your house and family are safe.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  4. giasmom

giasmom Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Great pics. That had to be super scary & super cool at the same time. Sorry you got burned. I've been to Guam, it isn't that big, ya'll were very lucky!

5. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Thank you, it was really funny b/c the first thing I thought about was the coop my husband and I are working on lol I was thinking in myhead "NOOOOO, not my coop!!!"

6. wanda047

wanda047 Songster

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    My goodness, you are a brave thing! I would have never got that close to the fire. I have two sons who are fire fighters and it scares me when they have to get so close to the fires.

You guys were lucky. You did get some awesome photos!

7. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Songster

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    Scary stuff, but those pictures are INTENSE!!! Glad you & your home & family were unscathed!

8. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Let me see, huge wildfire and you ran TO the fire? Next time try away from the fire, it's cooler there. [​IMG]

9. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    OMG that is pretty scary. Glad you and your family are safe and the coop!! How about the eggs in the incubator?[​IMG]

10. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:HAHA Eggs are good!!! Every single one of them! [​IMG] I was packing up getting all the animals and bator to go hahaha I was going to book a hotel so I could hurry and get it plugged in just in case lol I'm not about to lose my one silkie(that's doing great), polish, turken and welsummer eggs LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: