We had a Huge Fire Yesterday!!! PICS!

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
I just wanted to share, since we live in Guam the FD is very different and let me get up close and personal. Apparently they could see the concern on my face b/c the fire was only about 50-75yrs from our house!!! Fortunately they got it under control about 35yrs from the house lol It was a very invigorating, scary experience!

The first pics are from the beggining when my two-yr old came and said "mommmy it's snowing!" and I went to the window and saw the ashes raining and grabbed my camera, I couldn't get close then b/c my husband wasn't home and I wasn't about to take my child up there!!!

As you can see our houses are made out of solid concrete so they wouldn't have burned down, but still, scary stuff!

22622_fire_008e.jpg

22622_fire_043e.jpg

Then when hubby got home I put my big girl panties on an ran up the mountain to get these lol I did get burned, but dang I got some good shots
celebrate.gif

I was told 1000+ acres burned yesterday
22622_fire_142e.jpg

22622_fire_150e.jpg

22622_fire_159e.jpg

22622_fire_175e.jpg

Wow!!! Scary stuff! Gorgeous pictures though... isn't fire beautiful?

ETA: Beautiful when nothing gets hurt, anyways.
tongue.png
Glad your house and family are safe.

Last edited:
Great pics. That had to be super scary & super cool at the same time. Sorry you got burned. I've been to Guam, it isn't that big, ya'll were very lucky!

Thank you, it was really funny b/c the first thing I thought about was the coop my husband and I are working on lol I was thinking in myhead "NOOOOO, not my coop!!!"

My goodness, you are a brave thing! I would have never got that close to the fire. I have two sons who are fire fighters and it scares me when they have to get so close to the fires.

You guys were lucky. You did get some awesome photos!

Quote:
HAHA Eggs are good!!! Every single one of them!
smile.png
I was packing up getting all the animals and bator to go hahaha I was going to book a hotel so I could hurry and get it plugged in just in case lol I'm not about to lose my one silkie(that's doing great), polish, turken and welsummer eggs LOL

Back
Top Bottom