1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We have a broody!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NamahKatana, Apr 20, 2012.

1. NamahKatana

NamahKatana Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Oregon
    I went out today and one of my Australorps was sitting on the eggs! She ran out when I went to check her nest to make sure she only had the eggs I put in there. She's sitting on 12 eggs. Not gona add any more cause the nest box i full lol. I'm gona go out there in a little bit to check and see if she went back to them. I really hope I didn't scare her off the nest.

Pic
    [​IMG]

2. NamahKatana

NamahKatana Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Oregon
    Well the black left the nest. The RIR was in a box sitting on one egg so I moved her to the other nest(eggs were still warm) and she tucked the eggs under her and stayed there. This is a hen i can't ever get within 5 ft of with out cornering and bolts out the door when I go in the hen house and I was just able to pick er up and move her. Thought it was odd lol Now hopefully she stays on the nest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by