We have a chick !!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MynikaFL, Mar 18, 2013.

1. MynikaFL

MynikaFL Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    North Central Florida
    The last batch of eggs didn't make it, we kept them several days and many of you were wishing us the best. Well, today was lockdown and I was about to lock them down when I opened the bator and to my surprise, a little silkie was sitting in the egg holder next to his egg shell in the turner OMG.. is exactly what I said. So I hurried and got them all out of the turner and placed them on the wire floor of the bator. There are at least 5 more peeping through. So excited and welcoming the little thing into the world.
    [​IMG]Now to wait patiently on the rest, it was easier not to be expecting it [​IMG]

2. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Pics!!!!

3. MynikaFL

Feb 20, 2013
    North Central Florida
    I will put pics up probably tomorrow, I hate to disturb the other little ones that are hatching. This is so exciting, never thought it would be like this LOL [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. MynikaFL

Feb 20, 2013
    North Central Florida
    One more little baby has arrived and another hatching out as I type. Stormy weather is here and I hope the lights don't go out today. So happy for the little babies.

6. Drapery Mary

Drapery Mary Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2013
    Congrats on your hatch! I know the feeling, I just hatched my first chicks last week and have a continous supply of eggs being moved in and out of the turning bator into the lockdown bator. Now I wonder where I will house all these chicks when they aren't so little and cute.

7. Poinsettia

Poinsettia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2012
    Congratulations[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by