we have a fuzzybutt!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PuppyBantamCochin, Nov 6, 2010.

1. PuppyBantamCochin

PuppyBantamCochin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    My broody hen just hatched her first chick!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Amitist

Amitist Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2010
    Erlanger, KY
    Pics plz! [​IMG]

3. forrestacres

forrestacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Squam Lakes - NH
    Congrats! [​IMG]

4. CluckySam

CluckySam Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congratulations! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Our broody Hamburg is sitting on 8 Australorp eggs, which are due to hatch any day now. I can hear peeping in the box... I can't wait! Please post pics!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. PuppyBantamCochin

PuppyBantamCochin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    I'm having a little trouble downloading the photos of my camera...I'll try to put the pictures up tomorrow.
    The lil guy looks just like his daddy, an austrolorp. Interesting, cuz his mom's a red sexlink...I didn't know what color the chicks would hatch. His ''mommy'' (cochin hen) has 5more to hatch....over the next two days...3more like this one, and 2 of her 'own'. I am so excited!!

6. CluckySam

CluckySam Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Our broody Hamburg, Wonky Wanda, just hatched her first chick today! I managed to sneak a pic. We can compare growing up notes! These are our first chicks, first time ever trying to hatch chicks. Wonky was broody earlier in the year, then went broody again about a month ago, so we decided to buy some fertile eggs, and see what happened. She has been a champion egg sitter, hardly getting off the nest. So far she seems to be a good mummy, tucking the little one carefully back under her after it popped out to say hello. Here is the pic, quite a cute little bubba (IMHO!!!!) [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by