We have a pip! PICS ADDED!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BinkysBarn, Aug 9, 2008.

1. BinkysBarn

BinkysBarn Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2008
    Alabama
    YESS! these eggs started out under a hen but we moved them to our new incubator. The pipped egg is Rachael Rays. we have already hatched two of her eggs. (Sammi and Grace) there are pics of them on here somewhere... we always seem to end up with one of her eggs. and they always hatch. but the chicks are always yellow! lol. oh well.

We also got our 25 silkies on Thursday. they are ADORABLE!! i will post pics of those later. it was an assorted order and we arent sure about some of the colors. anywho. i will keep you posted about the pip!!! hopefully we will get more soon! there are 5 eggs..

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  2. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Congrats on the pip! [​IMG]

How did you get Racheal Rays eggs?

3. Julie's Silkies

Julie's Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Gloucester, Virginia
    Congrats.
    I'm getting some silkie chicks from Meyers on the 20th, where did you order yours from.

4. denasfarm

denasfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Sweet Home Alabama!!
    Hi Im Binkys Barns MOM! She'll be back later but I didnt want to leave you hanging!
    Racheal Ray is the name of one of Binkys EEs...not the TV star! Although that would have been really cool! Sorry for any confusion! You can see Racheal Ray on www.binkys-barn.com under Ameracaunas. If you click her name you can see Sammi and Grace.

The Silkies were from Ideal, I am sure some are buff, a couple are white with grey or gold undertones, redish, some look like chipmunks...(IN SILKIES??) one is chocolate colored sooo
    I need to start a new thread for this topic in the what is this color section with pics.

We get excited no matter whats pipping...but we have 5 that should hatch by Monday including the RR egg that is peeping up a storm! It should be out in the morning for pics. 3 eggs are EE and two are Silkies! 8 under hens should hatch by Thursday more coming from ideal on this coming Friday RIR and RIW (and a few Silkies) 12 more EE in the bator the next week should hatch and 28 quail should hatch the next weekend and THEN the 29th we have 100 more chicks coming from ideal. RIR BR EE Silkies and Frizzles
    Whoooooooooooooooooooooooh! Thats a bunch!!

Denasfarm and Binkysbarn will be busy girls!!

5. denasfarm

Jun 15, 2008
    Sweet Home Alabama!!
    Binkys Barn actually has 3 pips now! All EEs!
    Wont she be surprised when she returns home!

6. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Thanks for clearing that up Dena [​IMG] I had a feeling after I posted my reply, that it would be something like that! hehe. Still, I wonder if the real Rachael Ray has chickens? [​IMG]

Congrats on your pips and best of luck with the hatch! I went to Binkys web site and your chickens are beautiful! You sure have a lot more on the way!!! Goodness, you are going to have your hands full!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  7. BinkysBarn

BinkysBarn Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2008
    Alabama
    pics of the three that hatched!!!!
    From left: Rachael Ray and Jack's baby- Angel. Madison and Jack's baby-Princess Bella (is she going to be a splash? maybe blue?) lastly, a chipmunk looking baby. not sure of the mother. Fawkes(a silkie) is the father.
    [​IMG]

8. denasfarm

Jun 15, 2008
    Sweet Home Alabama!!
    We have one of two silkie eggs pipping now. I expect two black chicks, but who knows! I am up for surprises...

9. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    The chipmunk one looks like my EE's

10. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    wow sooo cute congrats [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by