We have a pip!

shchinchillas

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 8, 2010
PA
Placed 14 turkey eggs in the incubator 28 days ago... Ended up with 7 that did not develop at all when candled, and 7 that did... so a total of 7 made it to lockdown. Before I left for work we had one starting to pip. I'll be able to check on them again tomorrow morning so hoping all goes well, and the other 6 start to do SOMETHING!

Cross your fingers for the 7 to hatch for me! This is my first attempt for turkey eggs!

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Someone else has pipped today... the first one hasn't had much change... hoping he'll start progressing soon!

My turkeys took a long time to go from first crack to out. I thought they must all be dying when they broke into their air sack. Turned out that all but 1 hatched. Good Luck!
pop.gif

Good to hear that! I was starting to get worried about the first that maybe he died, and thats why there isn't more change... I will patiently(not) keep waiting!

No idea what happened but both stopped pipping. Tried to assist them, but they were already dead. The others did not pip at all, and we are now on day 30.

Looks like this trial run was a total bust! I think I may just order a few poults next year, or if I can find anything local this year.

hugs.gif
sorry, I just had a 0/0 hatch last week (geese). It's hard to get to that point and have no results. All the grain stores by me are doing chick days right now. Maybe if you call around you'll find some extra poults?

Back
Top Bottom