We have a problem, the neighbors got a new dog. Update: now kids

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Tala, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I haven't had an [animal] predator problem in months.
    However, the neighbors got a new puppy.....yesterday FIL saw it chasing birds and chased it away, today I caught it on cam [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Problem being, they seem to keep it inside a lot for now (the big dog is usually out though, he doesn't chase birds). We've only seen it out when the kids are out. I'd rather take the SSS route, so I'd rather not shoot it in front of the kids [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Ooh not good! [​IMG] Better go have a talk with them...

Is that the neighbors kid on a bike? Whos dog is chasing him? [​IMG]
    Dogs are running amok all over the place there! [​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:They are not very nice people. I prefer not to go talk to them.
    I've sent animal control down there to talk to them before this, and the big dog still roams, but he doesn't chase the chickens. There are two trailers beside each other at the end of the road. Not sure which house the dogs/kids belong in, but they all live "together"

ETA: Yesterday FIL told them that the dog needed to be on a leash. I sent a/c to warn them about dogs at large (dunno if/what was done, but I did my part) They don't care. Period.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

You need a fence [​IMG]

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:MY yard is well fenced. Unfortunately the ugly you-know-what to the back kept calling animal control about my chickens. They now live at my in-law's place, not *my* property to fence though FIL and I built a 32x16ft pen for the hens I can't afford to fence 2 acres off. Thing is, even without being in the pen, the free ranged roosters don't leave the property hardly ever. Once in a blue moon one of the roos will chase another one across the street, but that's it. They certainly NEVER go to the end of the road where the dogs live. However, the dogs come to my place.

Who's animal is in the wrong place??

6. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

It's sad that a dog must suffer for the carelessness of it's owner. But you do what you must. Doggie visitors can lead to trouble, as we all know.

7. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Dang it!

I wouldn't want to shoot the dog in front of the kids either.

Paint ball gun?

Catch it and take it to the pound?

8. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Looks like a no win situation; SSS...

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:MY yard is well fenced. Unfortunately the ugly you-know-what to the back kept calling animal control about my chickens. They now live at my in-law's place, not *my* property to fence though FIL and I built a 32x16ft pen for the hens I can't afford to fence 2 acres off. Thing is, even without being in the pen, the free ranged roosters don't leave the property hardly ever. Once in a blue moon one of the roos will chase another one across the street, but that's it. They certainly NEVER go to the end of the road where the dogs live. However, the dogs come to my place.

Who's animal is in the wrong place??

Oh, that dead dog running that is for sure. [​IMG]

Neighbors like that would drive me crazy [​IMG]

10. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Trap the dog, I suppose. Hold it on ransom til they listen [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by