We have a winner!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by brounii, Jan 7, 2011.

1. brounii

brounii Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2010
    Jonesborough, TN
    It snowed yet again here in upper east Tennessee and my chickens are not very fond of the snow. If any snow gets in their run, they won't come out unless I rake the snow under, lol. So, yesterday while my family and I were outside playing in the snow, I decided to try to get the girls to come outside with us. Here was my solution:

THE RACE IS ON
    [​IMG]

AND THEY ARE OFF
    [​IMG]

I must say.....it was the easiest day of watching the chickens that I've had in a while, lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND THE WINNER IS
    [​IMG]
    US

We got our first egg this morning after all the fun we had yesterday! I am so excited! It's the cutest little speckled brown pullet egg. [​IMG]

2. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    That's funny!

BTW you have a very nice coop/run.

3. Hottchick

Hottchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Congrats! I got my first egg in the snow also. A friend said the snow scared it out of her.

4. brounii

Aug 16, 2010
    Jonesborough, TN
    Thank you chuckzoo. My husband and I are really proud of ourselves for building it. We are NOT the building type folks, lol. It just goes to show that you can do anything you put your mind to.

Thank you Hottchick....that's a very good possibility, lol.

5. moonlyghtegirl

moonlyghtegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Chicken racing! too cool! I remember we used to have turtle races when I was a kid! You need to get some saddles and put some numbers on those girls! Nascar watch out!

6. brounii

Aug 16, 2010
    Jonesborough, TN
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Forget the coop, your chickens are beautiful!! Well, you coop ain't half bad either. LOL!!! Congrats on the egg!!

8. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    LOL...this is too funny! It looks like they did not venture off course either! [​IMG]

9. brounii

Aug 16, 2010
    Jonesborough, TN
    Quote:No they sure didn't. It was hilarious! Later in the day we made a few more paths for them to forage on, but they were diligent on staying their course.

10. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

That is funny

I think in the winter I could leave my coop open 24/7 and the chickens would never leave because the snow will stop them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by