We have achieved broodage !!!!!!!!!!!! wooot wooooot

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JimnJanet, May 11, 2008.

1. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    I have a broody hen fer sure. Every night for the past 3 nights when i get home form the hospital she is steadfast in a nest box, not on a perch. I have no clue how many eggs are under her but i am certainly not gettin my usual 7-8 eggs a day. Yesterday there was only 5 (where are the other 2 er 3?) and now at 0800 i got 3 from the 2nd nest box. ( only have two boxes).Get this tho....... When i collected those 3 they were much hotter than they allways are,there was ahen on them and she didn't come right out for breakfast. I put one o' those under Dorothy(my broody)and she pulled in right under her [​IMG]
    Why is Dorothy allways flicking her bottom up and down when i am lookin at her in her nest ?
    MMmmm...should i make accommodations fer Dorothy elsewhere? She shares this coop with 7 o' her sibs and one roo. She is the alpha hen by the way and she shows no problems with me touching her or reaching under her right now.

2. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    Congrats on your broody!

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

WTG!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by