We have an egg!!!!!YAY YAY!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NJbirdlover, Sep 15, 2009.

1. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    We finally got our first egg today! My 11 dd was doing her daily check and actually found an egg. Our EE'r "Fuzz Butt" gave us a medium to large blue egg. You would have thought it was Christmas morning in my house-it was great!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]:clap

2. Mrs.ChickChick

Mrs.ChickChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    North central Illinois
    [​IMG] Yay! Congrats! [​IMG]

Love the name "Fuzz Butt"! How old is she?

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!!! [​IMG]

4. nwgirl

nwgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Everett, Washington
    Oh happy day! [​IMG]

5. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Yeah!!! I'm a newbie with getting eggs too and have been receiving 2 a day for about a week and last night there was 3!!!! So I'm with you, it's still exciting for me as well! [​IMG]

7. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

Oh I am egg-cited for you [​IMG]

I cant wait for my girls to start laying :)MY 1 EE hen Mercedes lays maybe 3 times a week now that she is older, and Esther doesnt lay at all cos of her beign broody and now raising the chicks, and the chicks are only 8 weeks old. So I have a ways to go.

I remember tho when we got our first green egg...I was just dancing!! I remember carrying it in and just looking at it and marveling at how perfect it was lol My husband came home and of course he HAD to be shown the egg lol He had never tried farm fresh FRESH eggs before, so of course ehre we are cooking a small pullet egg for two people and ooooing and ahhhhing over how perfect it looked lol It was barely a taste for both of us but he walked out there later with a treat and told them what good girls they were and they should do it more often...the more eggs he got the more treats he would bring lol It seemed to work!! LOL

And to be honest, I still get a flutter of joy when I open the nest box to see some eggs in there [​IMG]

8. MiWi

MiWi Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2009
    Congratulations! I'm still new at this and know how you feel.

9. AmyRey

AmyRey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Yay!!!

10. animal_lover03

animal_lover03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Yay!!! I'm still waiting for my first egg. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by