We have babies

LilyD

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Bristol, VT
My Coop
My Coop
So far we now have 8 babies out of 12 eggs that were shipped. 4 to go that aren't showing any signs of hatching as of yet. When I look at the newly hatched chicks that hatched between yesterday and today I can see that some already have larger combs than others, they are just kind of folded over. Are these boys? It's the first time I noticed combs in new hatched babies before.

77863_pic_0911.jpg

Very CUTE!!!! What kind of chicks?? I noticed bigger combs on some of my chicks in the past, I didn't mark or write down wether they ended up being boys or girls...lol Might have to do that!

They are Delaware chicks I am still waiting for 4 more but these all hatched in the last 24 hours and they all look amazing. I forgot how much babies sleep lol.

I am going to have to keep an eye on these guys. If the larger combs at hatching means roo then I am in trouble lol I think I have maybe 3 girls so far and the rest would be boys. I wanted girls to keep for breeding and maybe one boy but not mostly all boys and only a few girls hehe. Maybe they are just girls with big combs. One can hope.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom