We have baby chickens on the way due the 27th!!!(possibly silkies)

Kennas_Kritters

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Polk City, FL
My Coop
My Coop
It's finally happening! We have eggs due to hatch around 2 days after Christmas!!! They might even be silkies! By we I mean me and my silkie Elvira that is helping me incubate them lol. She has never been a mother but she is doing an amazing job sitting on her eggs! We have a few different breeds so the chicks could be silkies or mixes of RIR, BR, Ameraucana or auracana so, it's gonna be a suprise! She has 13+ eggs under her right now that she stole from other nests but turns out they are all fertile. I also have a incubator just in case I need it and we have heat lamps set up all over the place in the hen house! I will post pictures of the chicks when they hatch! It has been over a year since I had fertile eggs so I am super excited! Anyways... that's all for now folks! I'll post updates as soon as I can :)

It's finally happening! We have eggs due to hatch around 2 days after Christmas!!! They might even be silkies! By we I mean me and my silkie Elvira that is helping me incubate them lol. She has never been a mother but she is doing an amazing job sitting on her eggs! We have a few different breeds so the chicks could be silkies or mixes of RIR, BR, Ameraucana or auracana so, it's gonna be a suprise! She has 13+ eggs under her right now that she stole from other nests but turns out they are all fertile. I also have a incubator just in case I need it and we have heat lamps set up all over the place in the hen house! I will post pictures of the chicks when they hatch! It has been over a year since I had fertile eggs so I am super excited! Anyways... that's all for now folks! I'll post updates as soon as I can :)
Congrats! Hope they hatch!

Good for you!- I have some day 18 tonight...
ex.PNG

They are LO pures and AC mixes, maybe hopefully one AC/silky mix- Tha'd be neat!

Back
Top Bottom