We have chicks!!!!!!!

lissalischicks

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 31, 2016
Los Angeles, California
My girl hatch her first clutch of eggs!!!! They hatch a little early (didn't make 21 days) Put the fertile eggs under her May 3 at 7pm and then today I'm at work and started watching the hen cam and saw a small head!!!!!
So far 4 little ones. One was half hatched and she squashed it ... it didn't survive :hit

Here are the 4
4 chicks.jpg

One more egg to go. About 5-6 hours ago I saw the egg cracked and about an hour ago saw this
egg crack.jpg

I can see the little chick inside moving so I'm crossing my fingers. I am not sure how long this whole process can take but now i'm over paranoid after the squashed egg.

I have to saw I have been blessed that my girl has been very tolerate and has never lashed out at me when I check on her. I gave her some food and she ate out of my hand so I was happy as this was her third day straight on the nest!!!

The fifth egg hatch. I ran out there this morning before going to work and checked. I was extremely relieved. I had checked on her late last night because I was so concerned .... and I'm glad I did because a cat was scouring out the coop. I'm going to go home today and put out some repellant.

Mom is doing a great job. She hasn't gotten up to drink or pop in 4/5 days so a little concerned .... but she did eat when we gave her some food!

Back
Top Bottom