We have eggs, eggs, eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LADYKK, Jul 25, 2011.

1. LADYKK

LADYKK Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    [​IMG] Today my hubby gathered a dozen eggs. - the most ever for us.[​IMG] We live in a small rural community and the economy has hit most of us rather hard. We thank God so much that our hens are now laying and we are eager to share the bounty with everyone we can. Last week we were able to give three dozen to people we knew could really use them. We saved the biggest eggs and gave the preacher a dozen yesterday. You should have seen his grin. It is always said that the preachers like chicken - evidently they like the
    eggs too![​IMG]
    Karen in upper East TN

2. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG]

3. Zonoma

Zonoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Northern Kentucky
    [​IMG]

4. chickiepie

chickiepie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Bucks County PA
    Awesome! Good for you! [​IMG]

5. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    yay! [​IMG] Can't wait til mine start laying, too! Great way to spread the wealth!

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

7. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    That's wonderful - and very generous of you. We got our first egg today - hoping it won't be long before we're getting a couple dozen a week. Congratulations on having such productive hens. LOL!

8. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Quote:Im so happy that you were blessed today, sending prayers you get more all the time. and its awesome you are blessing others, truly a wonderful thing (((hugs)))

9. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    Yeah!!

10. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Yahoo! SInce our chickens have started laying we were going to start selling right away! LOL! Over a dozen later, that we gave away a few eggs at a time we got each day, LOL, we sold our first dozen and have plans for the next few laying days! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by