1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We have EGGS!!!! Yippee!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shelleyd2008, Feb 16, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Finally!! After all this time of waiting and searching for eggs, I have a duck egg!! [​IMG] The dog found it [​IMG] so we went on a search to see if we could find the nest. We found it, with another egg shell in it. Evidently the stupid dog ate one egg and brought the other one 'home' for later. But now I know where to look! [​IMG] I'll make sure to stop and check in the mornings when I take my son down to the bus, since I have heard they lay at night/early morning. I'm so HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! [​IMG]

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Hey! That is great!!! Was it her first ever or first of the season??? Either way...congratulations!! [​IMG]

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first duck egg [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:It's her 'first ever since I have had her' [​IMG] I am not sure how old she is, so I don't know if she was laying before. I bought her in SEptember I think, and haven't gotten any eggs so far. So probably first ever, though if that's right, it was a good sized egg! Now hopefully the others are going to lay in the same spot!

5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    How exciting! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Congrats on the egg(s)!!

If your ducks are like ours, they will scatter them about, kind of like Easter on an on going basis. Now if we could just get them to lay decorated eggs, we could get the kids to go out and find them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well, one of my ducks is a rouen, and they are supposed to lay a blue-green egg, so that's kind of decorated! I hope they don't move the nest too much, I had a hard enough time finding this one! [​IMG]

8. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

YAYYYYY Shelley! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by