We have Happy Hens!!!

debster1556

Songster
7 Years
Feb 21, 2014
I really like having chickens! It's kind of gotten me back to nature and I really needed that. They are much more relaxed now and will kind of come running when I go out to see them. We have our regular ritual of treats that we have gathered up from last night's supper and this morning's breakfast. Lots of healthy stuff. The only thing I feel we need to work on is getting their coop a little dryer. It's being raining alot and its muddy in the run portion. Their inside coop is dry as a bone tho. Every morning Rose has been leaving an egg for us but this morning was extra special!! I went out first thing to give treats and scoop poop and Heather was quietly sitting in a nest box next to the one Rose usually sits in. I left to give her some privacy and when I went back to check a couple of hours later, there were 3 eggs! I don't know who is doing what but I'm guessing that we have 3 laying hens! So cool!!

I have had my chicken 10 months and I also love having them I have six and it's the best thing getting eggs and giving them out to all Thant want them . Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom