We have hit a vein! THEY ARE GROWING. DAY 5-6! DUCKS!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DeeThomas, Mar 31, 2009.

1. DeeThomas

DeeThomas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    As you may know I have been incubating eggs with a heating blanket that I made into an incubator.

Link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1837848#p1837848

TODAY
    i found veins in the egg after i candled! They are at around 99 right now and the humidity is around 50!

I wish i could add pics but its too faint for my camera I will be adding soon!

ANY TIPS? If anyone lives in missouri and wants to check them out maybe help me out a bit that would be cool!

BTW i got these from my teacher and she says their a variety. See if you can guess what they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    That is sooooo cool! What a terrific and clever idea I have not seen before...

I have my first duck eggs (on day 7 now) in my purchased incubator, but I can't wait to see yours hatch now, too! How exciting it all is.

Please keep us all updated as I know I will be "watching" this thread~~for sure.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Oh, how interesting!

Did you poke a few holes in the lid for ventilation, like in a bug jar?

4. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    That is truly amazing!!!!! [​IMG]

P.s goooooooooood luck!!! [​IMG]

5. DeeThomas

DeeThomas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    THERE is a big whole in the back and they can breath but I moved them and I can see veins! im so happy I thought they were not growing. but they where right now my success rate is 5/6 are growing. So [​IMG] cross those fingers and I will be editing and updating the Title for the appropriate day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by