We have lost one of our own, RIP @Dylansmom

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by KsKingBee, Feb 2, 2017.

1. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    3 people like this.
  2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    So sad to read this she was a wonderful person and a great peamom , RIP Mindy

1 person likes this.
  3. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Mindy, @DylansMom was a great friend of ours and one of the most respected peakeepers on this list. She taught many of us and I considered her my mentor as well as friend. She was willing to give of herself and shared her great knowledge with humor. I will never forget Mindy or the bird I hatched from the eggs she sent to me, Mork. Thank you Mindy for being here for us.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Oh gosh, I am so saddened to hear this. She helped me so much with my little twisted leg problems. Fly high with the lovely birdies, Mindy. :(

1 person likes this.
  5. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    This is very sad news, I can't imagine how hard this must be for her family.
    She spent a lot of time here helping other peapeople, and was incredibly generous with her experienced advice and warm encouragement.
    We will miss her very much.

1 person likes this.
  6. AngryRWH

AngryRWH Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2016
    Phoenix Arizona
    So sad, she will be missed for sure. Always willing to help newbies like me, and I so appreciate all she has done to help with my peafowl hatching and incubation dramas. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Argus

Argus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2015
    Northeast Ohio
    There are many nice people on this forum, but she really stood out. Very sad news.

1 person likes this.
  8. Frenchman Creek

Frenchman Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

KsKingBee thank you for posting this. Dylansmom always came across in her pea posts as a wonderful, caring person who always tried to help everyone with their pea questions without any sarcasm. Her family and this pea family here has lost a wonderful person.. Very sad. FC

1 person likes this.
  9. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Thanks FC, she taught us more than just peafowl.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by