We have new chicks!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cheez1e, May 30, 2010.

1. cheez1e

cheez1e Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    countryside
    We have some new baby chicks hatching! We're so excited, this hen sat on some last year but we only had one chick live through it which our puppy snagged a few months later and then it passed. Well she's been setting on some eggs the last few weeks, hatch date would be today. My husband and I were just out there, coming home from a trip and stopped to check, and as of that count we had six new baby chicks!!!!

Now we are trying to figure out which hens they came from, these babies are adorable! The only roo we have is an EE, apparently a fertile one! So we know who daddy is, but have various hens in the coop. Can anyone figure out what momma might be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww, to cute! Congrats! [​IMG]

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    b.hromada :

Awwwww, to cute! Congrats! [​IMG]

X2​

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Depends on what you have by way of hens. But BO might be a good place to start with the guesses. What color egg did it hatch out of?

5. cheez1e

cheez1e Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    countryside
    BO was our guess too. We've got BO, New Hampshire Red, Rhode Island Red, and Black Australorp(?) in the way of hens. Not sure what the egg looked like he just grabbed some when she started getting broody to put under her.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  6. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Then I would definitely say BO hen. Really very cute!!! [​IMG] Congrats on the sweet little one. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by