We have our first little chick!!!...Tumbleweed is its name!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lambingfamily, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Lambingfamily

Lambingfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    Yea! We had success! We have one little chick and 6 more pipping at the moment. Will try and post some photos tomorrow. The kids are exstatic. They were arguing over who got to claim the first chick. We decided on their age order. It was big brother's homeschool project and he is the oldest so.....we are anxiously awaiting our second little bundle. Oh, the first one has been named Tumbleweed, for obvious reasons. It has roled around all over the bator. It is almost dry and the kids can't wait to hold it tomorrow. Will post more later!

Thanks for all the advise to be patient!

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    [​IMG] Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for all of you! I looked at your BYC page and the story and pics are wonderful! I hope you get many many little fuzzy butts. A word of caution though. Be very careful about your puppy. Make sure the chicks are kept where the puppy can't possibly get to them. Even if he doesn't want to hurt them, he can in a heart beat (as you know from your egg experience). Have fun! [​IMG]

3. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    OMG your bator is SOOOOO cute I want one just like that.. would you build me one? [​IMG]

4. Lambingfamily

Jan 22, 2009
    Sure! Maybe we could make some money to fund our new found passion. [​IMG] Eggs, eggs, and more eggs!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Oh, I am so hoping this is what happens to us tomorrow!!

And what a cute little incubator!

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] Congratulations on little "Tumbleweed"!!!! Good luck with the other little fuzzbabies!!!!

Do you live in Seguin? We are moving to TX in a little over a year and Seguin is my hubby's #1 top choice for where he wants us to live. *sigh* never been to TX personally so I will just have to take his word for it.

7. Lambingfamily

Jan 22, 2009
    We actually live just outside La Vernia. It is about 30 min. from Sequin, and 30 min. from San Antonio. Come to think of it, we live about 30 min. from just about anywhere, even the closest Walmart [​IMG].

We love it, especially since we get to have some chicks [​IMG]. We are in the process of building our coop right now.

8. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Do you have anymore chicks now? Pips? Zips?

9. Lambingfamily

Jan 22, 2009
    Yes![​IMG] We have 5 little fuzzy buttles and 4 more pipping! Snow Princess/Prince has been named by my daughter. There has been an uh oh though! Our German Shorthaired Puppy has discovered the chicks. She is licking the heck out of the window. I hope the chicks don't imprint her because the motherly love will be rougher than they hoped for. Ladybug MUST learn to get along with the chicks because I think our family is hooked! My son is already designing his business. Selling eggs and building incubators. I just let his little mind work! He is going to be my entrepreneur. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by