We Have Some Sick Chickens HELP!!!! UPDATE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by M To The Maxx, Jul 12, 2010.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    All of our chickens from Dixie's 2nd hatch are not looking so good. They all have lost weight (a very good amount), their feathers just drop to the ground, and when they walk they are not very balanced. I have not seen their poop discharge so I can't tell you anything about that. We had our BMFD die about 4 days ago which was from that hatch. If you guys have any ideas what this could be please let me know.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    I'm so sorry you have lost a chicken and the others seem ill. [​IMG]

Are there BIG bumps where the feathers used to be? We need more info and a couple of good pictures.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Do you think they could have mites? Or maybe they need worming?
    That's the first things that come to mind when you mention weight loss.
    So sorry you are dealing with this. [​IMG]

4. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I don't see any bumps...... Also I will get a pics of them up in a bit. Their combs are red and not pale either.

5. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Well we had a couple not so good days. When I let out the chickens the ones that were sick went to forage then they never came back so I figured they died in the field somewhere. 2 of them came back and one died the next morning but the other one is doing fine. So we lost 4. We only have 1 left from Dixie's 2nd hatch and she seems to be doing fine. No other chickens are looking sick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by