WE HAVE VEINS!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Quail_Antwerp, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I cannot begin to explain how excited or happy or totally ecstatic that I am right now!!

My first time ever to get shipped hatching eggs, all the way from Alaska to Ohio!! I stuck them under a broody hen, and she is doing such a good job......

AND THEY ARE ALL DEVELOPING!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have prayed and prayed and prayed for those eggies as they were too long in transit (post offices fault!) and I was afraid they would be toast by the time they got to me.

Tori packed those babies so well! She had sent me 9, I accidently broke one, but the remaining 8 are ALL developing!!

[​IMG]

She actually has 10 eggs under her, one might be her own, but I am not sure. The other one I know is an OEG mix, the other 8 silkies!!

The first chick to hatch (of the Silkies I mean) will be named Tori and the first chick to hatch from Emmy Lou's eggs will be named Lou!!

[​IMG]

2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I'm so excited for you! It's just amazing...that is a great percentage of developing eggs for shipped eggs.

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear how well they develop!! ANd I can't wait to have mine in the bator! The mailman said he'd bring my box ASAP when they arrive. I don't even have to go to the post office!!

4. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I had candled on day 6, and only saw veining in one. I almost tossed the others, thinking they weren't developing. I am so glad I didn't and decided to wait! Tori helped me though, she explained that sometimes silkies don't show veining until day 8 and today is day 8!!

I don't think I will candle on day 14...I don't want to risk harming them since they are with a broody! We will just have to see when day 14 gets here I guess...LOLOL

5. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Yay!!! I know how you feel! It is absolutely amazing! [​IMG]
    You just wait til they pip and you can multiply that feeling times 100!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Good Luck with your hatch...I hope they all pop right out for you!
    ~Rebecca [​IMG]

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Well, they haven't hatched yet... [​IMG] But that sure is a very nice start! [​IMG]

I hope Melissa's do the same! [​IMG]

7. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have dark brown hair, but I seriously think I should have been blonde (no offense to blondes here!) It took me several minutes to recognize that the black dots I saw were CHICKS! LOL then I saw the veins and I was like OMG DUH!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2 more weeks, [​IMG] and counting!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by