We just got a blue egg! ???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rebecca10782, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    We have a hen Stella, we got as a baby just because her patterning was so gorgeous. We thought that she could be part Black Star, but I wasn't expecting anything other than a white or tan egg. Today, we found her in the nest for the first time sitting on a blue egg! So she must be part Ameraucana. Her is a picture of her, what do she look like to you guys? She has very white earlobs that really stand out, doesn't have much of one but looks like a pea comb, and seems to have Black Star patterning. She is a pretty small bird too. I couldn't get any good pictures of her. I will take some more and get a picture of the egg too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    She does have the look of a clean faced EE. Enjoy your blue eggs! I only get green.

3. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Don't have clue what she is but she sure is cute. And blue eggs to boot, sounds like a catch.

[​IMG]

4. jenjen

jenjen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2008
    Oregon House, Ca.
    She looks just like my Easter Eggers. I have 3 and they all lay green eggs, which I love, BUT........... I wanted a blue egg layer so bad!!![​IMG] Enjoy your blue eggs lucky you! [​IMG]

5. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    We have 6 EE's, they are only 3 months. So I am excited to see what range of colors we get [​IMG]

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Shes' an ee. There is a tiny weeny little outline of beard and muff, which is because she is of "mixed heritage". [​IMG]

And, she has a pea comb. Whenever you see a pea comb the chances are very high of getting blue or green eggs.

7. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Thats odd, I have never seen a black EE.

8. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I got one that looks just like that in my chick shipment. I thought she was a black star. I guess now I will wait and see maybe I will get a colored egg as well. Congrats on your blue egg! [​IMG]

9. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    I think an EE can be just about any color. I have seen so many different varieties. I have 2 that I am hoping will start laying soon. I only have brown eggs so far so green is very welcome here...but I am gonna get some blue ones too.

Congrats on your blue egg! [​IMG]

~Rebecca

10. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    I was so excited, we weren't expecting colored eggs for another three months! I hope we get a mix of blue and green.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by