we just started with our new chixs andthis has been a wonderful page, I now know I can give my babie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RAVchicx, Feb 16, 2015.

1. RAVchicx

RAVchicx Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2015
    We are so excited to start this new journey![​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate Raising chicks is a fantastic and rewarding experience. Drop by the learnng centre for some great articles on raising them. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with them. Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.
    Enjoy BYC :frow

3. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    x2

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!!

Definitely follow the link to the learning center that Yorkshire Coop has left for you. Lots of great information located there.

Enjoy this journey you are on and welcome to our flock!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. RAVchicx

Feb 16, 2015
    Thank you all for the wonderful welcome, I find excuses just to go out and play with them. We layed hay in our coop today and my 3-4 week chix are laying around all over the place now. They were only hanging in groups, they seem much happier to me!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks do you have?

8. RAVchicx

Feb 16, 2015
    I believe I have 2red pullock and 2sunshine and to be honest 8 that were in the other cage...lol. They were pretty and their colors are even prettier today. We live in the California high desert, Newberry Springs if that makes a difference in the available chickens they could be... Sorry I did not pay better attention at the feed store now..lol

9. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] So glad you joined us. Sounds like your flock is happy you picked them.

10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    If you would like your breeds identified, you can post their pics on our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and let our experts there take a look at them for you. Good luck with your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by