We lost a cat today

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cats Critters, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

My little sister has no luck with cats [​IMG] I was out by my chicken coup and I say a red car with one black door and it went out of my view and I heard a bump and the car slow down and keep going. I ran up to the road because some of my chickens where up there they where fine but when I looked up the road my little sisters cat Oreo (she was black and white) was laying on the road I ran up there and she was bleeding from her head I touched her to see if she was alive she shuddered and I ran down to the house for my mom and she and my little sister came up but she had passed. We buried her by one of my little sister other cats(Star) . RIP Oreo.

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I am so sorry. Poor kitty. [​IMG]

4. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Sorry for your loss.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I am very sorry for the poor kitty...[​IMG]..thats why i dont let my cats outside.. because of my bad luck i just know the day that i did let it out..it would be SPLAT!...[​IMG]

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

7. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    [​IMG] Sorry to read about your sisters cat. Hope she is doing ok!

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I am so sorry for your loss. We have a male cat named oreo. RIP little kitty

9. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Quote:I agree Totally. It's indoors for my kitties. We have windows they look out of, they get catnip, toys, etc. But even people are cruel & have been known to shoot or poison cats. Even someone working on their car can easily leave antifreeze out, or an accidental leak can leave a puddle of antifreeze out.... I'm glad to know it won't happen to my cats. I guess antifreeze is very appealing to animals.

So sorry of your family cat. [​IMG] [​IMG] Inside is much safer for any animal. [​IMG] I've known owners who've accidentally killed their own dog or cat cuz they were unafraid of a car their owner got into. And some outdoor animals have been known to actually lay on roadways due to it being warm in the cooler months, to their demise. [​IMG]

10. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG] :thun It makes me angry that the person didn't stop.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by