We lost a Roo

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Cats Critters, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

We lost a roo [​IMG] , he either died of natural causes then eaten ( one side of his face and neck) or was killed and eaten. I loved him his name was Fredy he was sweet and sufured a leg ingury this summer and slowly went down hill from there [​IMG] , we had just decided that he was going to be put down, when this happed. [​IMG]

Also I have a tread going on what is getting in my coop (aka what ate him) : https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=117618

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's always sad to lose a favorite bird. I'll check out what happened on your other thread. [​IMG]

3. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so sorry for your loss.
    At least you know he had a good life with you.

4. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I'm sorry too. It's tough to lose something you love. [​IMG]

5. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    I'm so sorry!!

6. henloverinmaine

henloverinmaine Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2008
    Downeast coastal Maine
    I'm so sorry for your loss. We too lost a rooster tonight. Very sad.

7. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG] I am so sorry!!

Cindy

8. chicksalot

chicksalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2008
    WI
    ...More Hugs for You [​IMG] it's hard to lose a beloved pet...many hearts go out to you. [​IMG]

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry. We just lost our first guy one month ago from today. I know how you feel. He was isoloated inside from a Respiratory Infection and I left a food container with him. He got his head stuck and sufficated. I was tramatized for days, not expecting that I'd kill him myself. I still feel like I haven't paid off my dues, and I never will.

You cared. That's all that counts. Don't cry when you know you couldn't have done anything. I still feel haunted with the thought that if I had taken the cup out, being responsible, he may still be here.

10. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    dear Polish... I suffocated my cockatiel giving him medicine. He died in seconds in my hands. I didn't think I was going to live through that. Hang in there... time fades the guilt and pain a little.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by