We lost Napolean

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
Napolean was my favorite little chick. He was a silkie, and had a darling [ersonality. My daughter came to visit over the weekend and brought her dog (Scottish Terrier). The bathroom door accidentally got left open. The dog ran in and grabbed Napolean right out of the brooder. It was horrible. Napolean died in my hands. My daughter and I cried for hours. I know it wasn't the dog's fault. It was mine for not providing better bird security. I feel terrible.

I'm sorry that you lost your little Napolean. Hard lesson learned, just know it was an accident and you are not to blame. I hope you and your daughter's heart heals fast.

:aww

So sorry - we all live and learn, and unfortunately with chickens, often that means a loss or two along the way for which we blame ourselves.

Hugs to you and your daughter!

I'm so sorry for your loss Jody.
hugs.gif

I'm really sorry. Please don't blame yourself, it was an accident. My dog did this to one of my favorite little baby silkies too. Took right off when we weren't looking.
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear about your loss.
hit.gif
My husband points out all of the time, that nature is so cruel. He can't even stand watching the chicks peck eachother. Sorry again.

Back
Top Bottom