we lost the first soldier from my hometown in afghanastan(sp?)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Jul 17, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    He leaves behind a wife ,two sons and a daughter. he was only 30 . just a baby. Please keep his family in your prayers. when he was younger he was in the volunteer fire department with my husband and myself. He was a great guy.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    A grateful SALUTE and prayers go out to his family for his/their sacrifice for our freedom.

Every generation since George Washington has had to shed copious amounts of blood to keep us free.

Unfortunately, we are being torn asunder from within our government, both parties are to blame and they are shredding the God inspired constitution before our very eyes.

If we are to stay free, more blood will be required.

3. goldstarmom

goldstarmom New Egg

Jan 22, 2010
    I am sooo sorry.[​IMG] about your loss. now his family will now be in our family forever. i am a gold star mother since 2003 when my oldest was kia in iraq.[​IMG]:th i will keep their family in my prayers. if you kneed anything i will be there for you
    Love and Hugs
    Jyl Goldstarmom and proud of it.[​IMG]

4. helloroe

helloroe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Cetral FL
    Chixie, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your town and his family for your lose.

Goldstarmom, Thank you for the sacrifice of your family and son. You have every right to be very proud.

I have stood at many funerals of lost soliders over the years, unfortunately. It does not get any easier. Each one has reminded me of how many precious people have sacrificed to allow me to live my life and I ask God to bless each one's families as they remember to celebrate that fallen solider's life and that they know that solider is a hero in my family's eyes and hearts always.

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers.

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    prayers and hugs sent... [​IMG]

7. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    I am sorry.
    My best friend's Grandson was severely injured in Afghanistan about a month ago.
    23 years old, lost a leg but he is alive.

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] from a retired Navy wife. My heart breaks for all who sacrifice.

9. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    That is so sad. My heart goes out to his family.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  10. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    prayers go your way.... i have a brother thats a ranger, and a younger brother thats in basic

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by