We Love Our Silkies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by daddykirbs, Mar 28, 2012.

1. daddykirbs

daddykirbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    I know it's not amazing video, but it is fun to just sit and watch them chickens sometimes. Enjoy one minute in the coop with my Silkies!

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] The rooster is like, "Who? What? Where are you? " I enjoyed your clip! Thanks for sharing.

3. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i loved watching it!!! thanks for sharing! i love silkies. i sure wish i could have a rooster. i wish there was a way. well, i'm happy i've got hens. no silkie hens yet, but i've got some in the bator.

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

My silkie rooster is just as supportive when one of his women lays an egg. He spends a lot of his day trying to find them a suitable nest :lau - even making them a perfect indent into the hay :p

5. lorijohnson823

lorijohnson823 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Calhoun, KY
    Thanks for sharing your video. I love Silkies! They are my favorite. Here is a couple of pics of my Silkies. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think this little guy is my absolute favorite! I have a suspicion that He will be a Rooster. lol

[​IMG]
    This is there First Outing into the yard.

6. mondotomhead

mondotomhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Sturbridge
    I love watching chickens. I have got to get me a silkie or two......or three[​IMG]

7. daddykirbs

Mar 13, 2011
    Thanks! I enjoy making the clips.

8. daddykirbs

Mar 13, 2011
    I love all my chickens, but the Silkies are just adorable and very lovable. I suppose you can't have a rooster because you are in town?

9. daddykirbs

Mar 13, 2011
    That's hilarious! My King Louis (that's the roosters name) just "enjoys" the hens LOL

10. daddykirbs

Mar 13, 2011
    Cute! The black roosters are beautiful in the sunlight! They have blues and greens that shimmer in the feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by