We made it to 10 weeks!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cats Critters, May 26, 2008.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

We made it to 10 weeks with no losses!! ( Can you tell I am very proud of my self [​IMG] ) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ( what is up with the teapot smiley? [​IMG] )

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    1/2 way to eggs! Congrats!

3. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    congratulations!!! me too!!!! i only have 2 though but it was my first time with chickens...do yours crow reguraly? mine was doing it for awhile and now their not!!! i am soo happy we both made it!!!! my haven't gotten sick once, few petty over obsessed bumps but nothin! praise God! Whats your genders? i can't wait for eggs. if their 10 weeks now.. when should i be expecting eggs? first week of august?

4. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I was thinking the same thing today and I can't wait till they start laying! I have ( roos are extras)
    5 EEs there all suppose to be pullets but I'm doubting on one named Chipmunk
    2 RIR pullets
    4 BR 2 roos 2 pullet
    2 White Leghorns pullets
    7 CM 3 pullets 4 roos
    2 Black Australorp pullets
    They should start laying on about August 4

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    sweet! i am so stoked!! my babies are growing up its sad but yet fun! well congrats! on lots of babies! ionly have 2 and don;t think i could handle more, these 2 are soo spoiled! iam wrapped around their finger,at their beck and call!lol

6. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Ok mine aren't 10 weeks. Mine are 4 weeks today and I have such healthy chicks... no sickness not a death!

I feel we are really lucky~ [​IMG]

7. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    We are at 5 weeks and so far, so good! We have 4 pretty tame and 8 fraidy cats. But tonight 2 of them put themselves to bed and 4 more went with a little encouragment. We are progressing! This is a fun addiction!

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Congrats! My girls are 10 wks old tomorrow...all doing great too! YAY

9. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    They should start laying on about August 4

I hadn't thought about checking the calendar to see an actual date for our first eggs!

BRB

Man, September before I will see eggs! LOL!​

10. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Mine are 6 weeks old yesterday and so far they have been soo healthy. They have been living in their coop since day one and with all the fabulous help I have gotten from all you members they are doing great! I am so excited and so proud. I could not have done it without all your help. Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate all you help, advice and friendly chit chat. I love BYC folks. Trudy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by