1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We Might be Getting a New LGD

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Broke Down Ranch, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    So I have become a stalker at Craigslist and still haven't figured out how it is everytime I email like within 2 minutes of something being posted it's already gone [​IMG] Anyway, yesterday afternoon someone put up this ad:

http://waco.craigslist.org/grd/745955534.html

The woman is coming out either today or tomorrow as she wants to see where this dog will be living. She is just heartbroken to be getting rid of her but doesn't have the choice. She says this dog is not only trained for livestock but she also trained 2 other dogs that were brought into the family to be LGD too. So MAYBE I have finally found a dog that will do what I need it to do. My regular dog is getting old and very grumpy and of course Bobbi Sue can't be trusted around anything out there so keeping my fingers crossed this works out and we get a new dog [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    If the new dog is an alpha female........will she be a problem for your old timer? Or will the new dog be out working?

3. Broke Down Ranch

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:We plan on rehoming the older dog because I'm afriad he may end up biting one of the kids....until then they will be kept separate - he will watch the chickens, she will watch the goats.....

4. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    I doubt you will be able to find your old dog a home and if you "think" he may bite now do the right thing and have him put down. Goodluck and I hope it all works out, she looks like your typical GP> I love them! [​IMG]

5. Broke Down Ranch

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:Yes, that is our other option. We have 1 other man to contact about rehoming him - he LIKES his dogs mean and actually gives a VERY good home to his animals. He is an older bachelor so no kids or anything to worry about. And he has livestock so Bear would at least have a job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by