1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We might have a Farm name

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by SophieLain127, May 5, 2009.

1. SophieLain127

SophieLain127 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Stone Family Farm is the name
    We're just a stones throw away is the slogan

What do you think. I'm writing up a business plan currently that way maybe I can find some angel investors that are willing to help fund some of it.

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Have you found a farm yet?? I like the name! And the slogan!!

3. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    Excellent name! What kind of farm?

4. SophieLain127

Apr 7, 2009
    We've found a 40 acre farm with a 1901 house on it for 90,000. We are planning on have two to three horses for farm use, swine for slaughter, chickens/ducks/turkey for eggs and eating, goats and cows for dairy purposes (milk,butter, cheese, yogurt) and possibly sheep for wool and lambs for well eating. All animal babies will be up for sale as well. Then we are also planning on actual produce farming, maybe some orchard type trees (apples/cherries/pears). We'd like to open a small family farm store on the property so we can sell our goods but also we plan on trying to get the local grocers to buy our products. We've also discussed getting a small refridgerated truck so we can deliver.

5. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I love it!!!! LOL [​IMG]

6. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey I like the name...After all 'Stone' is my last name...lol
    My mom kept trying to come up with a 'Stone' name for our farm when we were trying to think of one...but we already picked 'Run-A-Muck Ranch' as our farm name....

7. SophieLain127

Apr 7, 2009
    I figured short and sweet was the way to go...lol. Run-a-muck ranch I love your avatar.....Goonies never say die! It's also weird I've not met anyone else with the same last name as me....except my husband (we both had the same last name and he and my dad have the same birthday....what a qua-winky-dink)

8. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Quote:Goonies is one of my FAVORITE movies every...lol

Where are you from....My husbands family is mostly in West Virginia. He was born in BlueField, West Virginia, but his mom and dad movied up here when he was 2 weeks old so he's only visited a few times when younger....There are a few "Stone's" around here (well in the phone book anyway), but none are related to us, nor have we meet....(We live in Wisconsin)

9. SophieLain127

Apr 7, 2009
    his family is from indianan and mine is from arizona. My grandfather actually shortened his name littlestone to stone so it wouldn't sound so "indian" So I'm only second generation born with that name. The big running joke was that when i was little I swore when I got married I wouldn't change my name.... Instead I just married someone with the same last name....lol. [​IMG]

10. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Quote:How funny....Jason's great great (not sure how many greats) grandfather also changed his last name(it was Barnett--sp??)...When he came over on a ship to the USA he was the mason on the ship(and of course used a spinning/sharpening stone), well everyone called him 'Stone' and that's what he changed his last name to. I know there's more to the story than what I had typed, but don't wanna get details mixed up so didn't type it...lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by