We need a name!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CluckznDuckz, Jan 24, 2016.

1. CluckznDuckz

CluckznDuckz Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2015
    Florida
    Last week I went to pick up a frizzle roo and saw these cute little guys and had to bring them home too. My first Seramas. I'm at a loss for names for these guys. I'd love to hear some suggestions please. [​IMG]

They came to me ill and I've been doing my best at doctoring them up. So far, so good. The roo had an infection in his ear and I had to remove the puss. The hen got sick a couple days after I brought her home. I believe she had gapeworm. I'm guessing that may be what led to his infection as well as he was doing the head stretching, mouth opening, and scratching his neck. Probably got a cut and got bacteria inside. She was wheezing terrible and gasping for breath. I've treated both, and though she's still wheezing a bit off and on, she is much better and has more energy and is eating normally.

Now that I'm not as afraid I'll lose them it's time for names. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AnnMarie

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Well, you could try a couple theme. For example: Romeo and Juliette, Lucy and Ricky (from the I Love Lucy show), Robin Hood and Maid Marian, Julius Caeser and Cleopatra, Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy, ect.

3. CluckznDuckz

Jan 28, 2015
    Florida

Funny you should mention that because Desi and Lucy were brought up in discussion the other night. [​IMG]

I already had a Cleopatra, shortened to Cleo when old enough to see we had a rooster. [​IMG] I miss this guy. He was so pretty. [​IMG]

4. HuskerHens

HuskerHens New Egg

Jan 24, 2016
    Nebraska
    Hansel & Grettle spelling?
    Bonnie & Clyde (if they are troublemakers) :)
    Clark & Lois (Clark Kent & Lois Lane)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  5. CluckznDuckz

Jan 28, 2015
    Florida
    Those are good ones! I really like Bonnie & Clyde. [​IMG]

For some odd reason I have the name Dudley stuck in my head. I don't even like that name. [​IMG]

6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hahaha! To funny, I had a cute little Lily who turned out to be a not so nice rooster [​IMG]. Very handsome boy btw.

7. Weehopper

Weehopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    Dudley Doright, and Sweet Nell...from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show.

8. CluckznDuckz

Jan 28, 2015
    Florida

That's good, I like it! I may just use that. Thanks. :)

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

A few of my favorite male names :
    • Navar
    • Pyro
    • Raymer
    • Degan
    • Nafary

A few of my favorite female names :
    • Sergio
    • Aeval
    • Aurelius
    • Sable

1 person likes this.
  10. CluckznDuckz

Jan 28, 2015
    Florida
    We lost the hen yesterday. [​IMG] We took their crate out to treat them for mites and when my boyfriend opened the door she bolted and ran into the woods. She didn't come back. [​IMG]

I'll pick a name for him when I don't feel so terrible about losing her. It's hard not to feel responsible.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I do appreciate it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by