We need help wiring a thermosat in a 1202!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MandyH, Feb 21, 2009.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I have a sportsman 1202 that has an electric thermostat with a wafer thermostat back up. Well from my experience they didn't make this model with an electric thermostat so whoever we bought it from rigged this up. The problem is that the electric thermostat isn't heating and the bator is running off the secondary wafer. I bought a new wafer thermostat assembly yesterday to change it back to dual wafers and we cannot get this thing to work. Now that the electric thermostat is off, the secondary one won't even heat. HELP ME PLEASE before I scream!!!!

2. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    Does it have two wafers on it?if it does try setting one at a time thats what we did with ours...

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
  4. MandyH

Brian we have looked and looked at that wiring diagram. The problem we have is that there is an extra wire off the electric thermostat that we cannot figure out what to do with. There is a black, blue and white wire and all we need is 2 wires fot the wafer assembly. The black and white one has us confused, we should have two blues.

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Are you looking to put the wafer or the electric , can check the ones I have. Is you electric one bad?

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Kristen, I figured you had already looked at that. Our sportsmans are in my mom and dads basement or Id go look and see I could help you more. I dont have a clue though. Surely someone else on here will be able to help you. [​IMG]

7. MandyH

Quote:Put on the wafer assembly, yes the electric one is bad. Thanks!!

8. ccscott24

ccscott24 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Atoka, Oklahoma
    https://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/THERMOSTAT%20WIRING.pdf

Kristen
    , check this page out and see if urs is like that. I checked my incubator and i have the electronic thermostat and if u need help. I can TRY, but I did notice that the 2 wafer thermostats has 2 wires and 1 blue wire connects to the other 1 blue wire w/a cap. now the other 2nd wire should be connected to the powercord, NOW thats how it looks in the diagram.

I hope this helps u out.

Chris

9. blackrooster

blackrooster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2009
    ky
    hi

10. ccscott24

ccscott24 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Atoka, Oklahoma
    Howdy BlkRooster