We need your prayers.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by SilkiesForEver, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    I can't go into details, although I have posted about this issue quite a while ago.

During this stupid, unnecessary issue my dad has become extremely stressed. Please pray for him especially, for strength and for his health.

Tomorrow I'll explain a little better, but right now we would appreciate your prayers.
    Thank you so much BYC.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Okay, I am praying.

3. SilkiesForEver

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you so much.

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012

5. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    So sorry for what is going on with your family. Stay strong & positive. **PRAYERS** [​IMG]

6. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    praying

7. SilkiesForEver

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Alright.... so. I'm going to try my best to explain what happened.

My dad is a High school P.E. teacher. He has taught at the high school for 27 years. Waaay back in January, my dad tried to break up (stop/prevent) a fight that was being instigated by a special education student. That student was 220 pounds, and 6 foot somethin'. My dad is 120 pounds, and 5'6. My dad got between them, and started to push the student away. The anger that that student had towards his 'opponent' turned on my dad. Anyways, he ended up brutally attacking my dad, and injuring him. My dad suffered many blows to the head.

He was blamed by the union, and they took away his pay and all his credentials.
    There was a trial, and a unanimous vote was decided that my dad was not guilty.

Now the district is appealing that decision. They are paying him however, (we've been with out money coming in ever since January), but we appreciate all your prayers.

Thanks soooo much BYC.

8. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Tell you dad to change careers and get a class A cdl

9. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    That is not a bad idea. You would be amazed at the variety of people found in CDL classes. My brother was attending a truck driving school and one of his classmates was a pediatrician. By the way, schools are far more interested in covering their rears than they are in supporting their staff or even doing the right thing. I have a friend who was a teacher. She is now retired. The pricipal was absolutely furious at her for reporting a student to the police. This student had made a very credible threat to kill her and the school refused to do anything. So my friend called the cops. The cops came and hauled the kid off and the pricipal was almost jumping up and down he was so mad. Safety of the teacher didn't matter to him. The image of the school did. This was several years ago. Last I heard, this student was in prison for either killing someone or trying to. I don't remember which.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by