We new to the chick world

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SomeHotChicks, Apr 30, 2017.

1. SomeHotChicks

SomeHotChicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2017
    Oregon
    My Coop
    We are getting our chick May 17,2017. We can't wait to meet our baby chicks. We been doing a lot of reading and learning. We going to start nesting this next week. "nesting" Getting the brooder ready. [​IMG] Because they will be our babies.[​IMG] If there is anything you would like to tell us or give us some tips tell away! Even if you think we may already know it. The more we know the better. We are getting 12 chicks for our first time. Here's what we are the breeds we are getting and the chicks names. Thank you so much for your time We both look forward to reading all your tips and tricks. [​IMG]

Australorp
    Ripley and Hen-Solo

Buff Orpington
    Goldilock and Amelia Egghart

Leghorn
    Foghorn Leghorn and Bok Bok Choy

Ameraucana
    Booker R. ( off Garfield and friends) and Lady Egsalot

Light Brahma
    Miss.Cora Ann
    Annie Yolkley

golden sex link
    Chic 'N' Patty and Mary Pooins

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I think you would enjoy browsing at "Raising backyard chicks." forum.

3. SomeHotChicks

Apr 30, 2017
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Thank you so much I will start browsing "Raising backyard chicks." forum. [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your impending littles.

These links may be useful, in addition to the forum mentioned by D/Diva:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chicks
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-your-baby-chicks
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...ks-the-first-60-days-of-raising-baby-chickens

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  5. SomeHotChicks

Apr 30, 2017
    Oregon
    My Coop
    wow thank you so much! I'm going to look at them now and i know ill have more to look at tomorrow too! thank you that's Awesome!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under SomeHotChicks [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. SomeHotChicks

Apr 30, 2017
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Thank you so much Teila. We have been here less then 24 hours and already read and learned more then I have in last 2 mouth of planing and getting ready for our chicks! I cant want to get them! I hope to share and read a lot of photos and stories. BYC is so cool and welcoming hope to make some friend as well. thank you again [​IMG]
    -Aryn

8. Abriana

Abriana Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2017
    From my blue coop
    Those are all great choices! Our neighbors have Buff Orpingtons, they are sweet and friendly. I have three Ameraucanas, all are sweet and very pretty. I don't have Austrolorps, but i have read a lot about them. They are excellent layers, super friendly, the males are not known at all for fighting with each other, they do not turn broody (which can be a real pain), are hardy, and they make excellent pets. Leghorns are flightly and skittish and do not usually make good pets. If you handle them a lot they will be more friendly though. don't know much about Brahmas, but they are very pretty. Their pen also needs to be kept dry because they have feathered legs and they will get muddy and yucky, if their area is dry, however, they will be much cleaner, prettier, and happier. Enjoy your chicks!

1 person likes this.
  9. SomeHotChicks

Apr 30, 2017
    Oregon
    My Coop
    thank you so much we are getting all girl no roo maybe later on we will. I read a lot about brahmas i read they are one of the friendly chickens and maybe the biggest too lol. they love to be hold and put up. what is broody? i have not hear of that. thank you again for your welcome.

10. SomeHotChicks

Apr 30, 2017
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I forget
    golden sex links
    Chic 'n' patty and Mary Pooins

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by