We should start a housing swap forum...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chickensducks&agoose, Sep 17, 2009.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I really, really think it's be fun to help BYC members swap houses for vacations or whatever. I'm interested in swapping, but have a boatload of birds, and can't expect anyone to take care of them... If BYC'ers would get together, we could all take little vacations, and take care of each other's birds. With the economy the way it is, many of us can't afford hotels etc., so we could all save some money doing a swap!

2. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    this is a bit of a scary thing..... letting 'strangers' live in your home but SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!! i need a vacation! [​IMG]
    hopefully we can start a sticky or whatever and keep something like this going! hope to see some responses/thoughts on this too!

3. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    that sounds like a great idea..

4. kassy68

kassy68 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    Vassar , Michigan
    My Coop
    Hey.. count me in... I've got a big family though.. make take some real talking to get the hubby in on it.. grin.. But I already like the Vermont vacation.. LOL

5. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Sounds like a fun idea! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Not on your life! Actually, it rather creeps me out a bit, no offense. I have no desire to go on vacation at all and much less in someone else's house. Nope, sorry, to me, it's a really creepy and foreign idea. I dont even like the bed and breakfast concept. Bet it's not just me, either!

7. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    That sounds interesting.

IDK if I would want anyone in my house while I wasn't here or be at anothers house while they weren't there though. [​IMG] I have far too many animals/chores to stick anyone with. Plus, I train horses for a living here...that would be a problem. BUT sounds like fun anyways....LOL There are several people on here I would love to meet in person.

8. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    How about like "Couch-surfing?" That would be fun! Basically, you say how much room you have available and for how many nights, and then people travelling through your area can spend the night instead of staying in a motel. If you aren't available, just say so. The people spending the night are encouraged to do something special for the host/hostess.

9. yellowchickensmomma

yellowchickensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    I like the couch surfing idea. I think it would be interesting. Weird but interesting.

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My brother couch-surfed through Portugal, I think. He had to sepecify "English-speaking homes only" [​IMG] He met a lot of really neat people. I would never have the nerve to sleep in a perfect strangers home - I watch too much crime TV, I suppose. He's a former Marine, so I guess he felt safe. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by