8 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Tomorrow morning is the start of butching days ahead, sooo excited
yippiechickie.gif
!!!! Fun times ahead !!!! We are ready to go
wee.gif
!!! 150 cornish X to butcher
hide.gif
5 weeks old, we start early , we like our fryers small. We usually dress anywhere from 20 to 30 a day. Tomorrow it will probably be only 20.
clap.gif

83198_mom_012.jpg

83198_mom_010.jpg

83198_mom_009.jpg

Last edited:
What a great setup. We are going to be butchering in about 2 weeks and I have a question for you. What do you do with all of the feathers, blood and guts from the whole process? Do you cut the throat?

In your first picture.....what is the PVC pipe thing?
smile.png

All goes in a tank from the day, then DH takes it off to a ditch some where on our 60 acres.
sickbyc.gif
Yes we cut , we have always cut the head completely off, but have been reading on here about just slicing the jugular , so we are trying that this year.

Pvc pipe is nipple waterers .

Thank you for the info! We have 25 acres but I don't want to put them here due to all the predators. We have wolves that run the mountains in back of our house so don't want to entice them down into the flatland. Let me know how the cutting goes as opposed to the chopping. I'm afraid I'll do something wrong and they will suffer. I think we'll just set up the cones and cut the heads off to be safe.

Just invite your neighbors over at butching time
celebrate.gif
I just love trying to get all my friends or neighbors to help , they think I'm nuts
tongue2.gif
But they all want nice dressed chicken when I'm all done
ya.gif

Quote:
Well, I know that feeling. I've asked for years -- "do you want some blueberries (or strawberries, or whatever)?"

They want them, but they won't come pick them, want you to do all the work for them.

Went really good ... Two of us working, 20 4 lb birds done in 2 1/2 hrs. Three over scalds
somad.gif
.... Not bagged yet , I just don't know how long to let them set , I have always bagged & froze the same evening, but have been reading on here that most let them set for a few days
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom