We thought He was a She! Rhode Island Red Cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HotChix, May 14, 2008.

1. HotChix

HotChix Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2008
    Cameron, NC
    [​IMG] Funny story. This is my first flock and I purchased my first pullets! Well turns out we had a RuPaul in the mix. "Red" is a Rhode Island Red who was masqerading as a girl and made it to our home. I am looking to trade him for a RIR Pullet around the same age. I am located in Cameron, NC. Pretty close to Sanford. All of our chicks are eating chick feed and chick grit under lamps. His adult plumage is starting to come in beautifully. Hes a dark auburn red with red waddles and comb. Also he has NOT started crowing but does love to perch on top of the water feeder and stare at you.

Please if interested call 919-498-0069 and ask about Red. I have photos of him if interested
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    How many weeks old is he?

3. HotChix

May 14, 2008
    Cameron, NC
    Red is roughly 3 weeks old. Either a few days shy or a few days over. They were supposedly 1-3 days old on May 2nd. If you would like to see him in person you can reach me at 919-498-0069 or 919-842-7511.

4. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Does he show any signs of being aggressive? I don't have any young rhode island reds, how much would you be willing to sell him for?

5. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Would you be willing to drive half way, where in guilford?

6. HotChix

May 14, 2008
    Cameron, NC
    Hes not agressive at all. He does love to peck at jewelry though! He is definately not shy, he loves to watch you. He will perch and stare. He is good to his sisters as well and does not bully in the least. I have him on hoobly.com for $10. If that is fine with you I do have a paypal account and I will hold him till you could come for him.

7. HotChix

May 14, 2008
    Cameron, NC
    I do not live in Guilford... I live in Cameron, NC. [​IMG] Honestly never even heard of Guilford till just now. I am about 20 minutes from Fayetteville, 45 from Raleigh and 8 miles out of Sanford. Hope that narrowes it down a bit!

8. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Cameron is about 70 miles from here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2008
  9. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    If that is fine with you I do have a paypal account and I will hold him till you could come for him.

We don't have paypal, I'll try to give you a answer by today.​

10. HotChix

May 14, 2008
    Cameron, NC
    Just call and let me know either way. Until I hear from you hes still on here as avaliable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by