1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We thought we lost our new rooster last night.,

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lifestudent, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Lifestudent

Lifestudent Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Last night my wife couldn't find our rooster so when I got home from work after 11:00 I looked all over for him and couldn't find him anywhere. A little after 4 this morning she heard him crowing and woke me up. I went out to find him and he was perched on top our pontoon, 7 feet up, crowing towards the house. I opened the chicken coop door, then reached up to get him. He rode on my shoulder to the chicken coop, then jumped inside with the hens. He was in a trash talking match with a rooster across the hollow.

They were crowing back and forth, "You wanna piece of me? Come over here and say that."

2. zara30

zara30 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2012
    hehe your are lucky!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Guys talking trash at 4 am. I swuannee......

4. Lifestudent

Mar 23, 2012
    Yes we are lucky. And yes, I think it's funny him and the rooster across the way trash talking each other. He seemed happy to be back in the chicken coop with the hens. Since it was only a couple hours till I was going to open the door anyway I left it open. I put a light on a timer inside so they had some light. About 7:00 he started crowing again.

He's the roo in my avitar. My wife was holding him and wanted a picture. He didn't mind at all me picking him up from on top the boat, and he stayed on my shoulder like a pirate's parrot till we got to the chicken coop. Then I lowered my arm and he ran down my arm through the open door.

5. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Bahaha! Our neighbors have a rooster and hen and our rooster sits and trash-talks him, back and forth, constantly! Sadly, when that rooster comes over here, our rooster runs for his life!

6. Lifestudent

Mar 23, 2012
    They can be pretty brave when there's a fence or a mile of woods between them, can't they?

7. Wow I wish that is what happened with Rocky[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by