1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We took a little nap

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by robin416, Mar 26, 2007.

1. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Ughhh! I hate when a single chick hatches, peeeep, peep, peep, peeeep!!!!! Its enough to drive me up the wall, especially when I'm in here trying to pay bills.

I could hear the next one getting ready to pop but this one was on my last nerve. I scooped it up, decided a nap would do us both good. Went out to the couch, stretched out with the loud mouth next to me under a sweater. A couple of peeps later and we're both snoozing. Then I snap awake, I hear that the other is out of the shell. I laid there for a moment because the peep was still asleep.

Brought it in here, put it with the new hatchling. Peeeeep!!!! peep, peep, peep, peeeep!!! Not happy wants its couch and sweater back. I think I'll move my computer out to the dining room for a day or two. I hear number 3 talking now, maybe big mouth will encourage it to hurry up.

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    LOL, see what you've done? Created a monster chick that wont be happy until it is a full on house chick with diapers and a spot in front of the TV.

chel

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    [​IMG]
    Of course, there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you are still in charge of the remote! [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Chickens on the couch now? Ooooh, be careful, Robin![​IMG]

5. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Yep, they take over the remote, gripe about not having a blankie and a pillow, and then they won't let you sit on it unless you're snuggling them. God forbid that you take their spot.

I think mine has been consorting with my cat. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by