We treated ourselves today.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by feather and mountain man, Jan 27, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    We made a trip to town today and stopped by the bakery for some pasteries---They want me to come back to work.... I miss them all....any way we also stopped an norm's market and picked up some alligator tale. I can't wait to cook it but prob wait til next week. Then we stopped for chinese on the way home. It was great to go do something just me and mountain man, no kids, no grandpa, no pets- we had fun. [​IMG]

2. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    Oh and we stopped for flue shots too! Not says love like getting vaccinated together.[​IMG]

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Good for you. Sometimes trips to town with just the 2 can be a really relaxing getaway.
    ETA: Just read about the shots stop...that'd undo any relaxation for me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  4. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    Well my arm hurts today and the shots were the reason for the trip. [​IMG]
    Not that they were relaxing or enjoyable. It would have been better trip without.[​IMG]

5. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I think the shots sound better than the alligator tail. [​IMG]

Glad you had some time together.

6. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    OOoooo, alligator tail?! I need details! How do you cook it? What does it taste like? [Don't say chicken! [​IMG] ]

7. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    Well we batter and fry it like fish. I would say it has its own taste [​IMG] but it taste most like froglegs if anything. I used to live in Georgia and got hooked on it. It is a lot more expensive up here in Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by