We were all confused this morning

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jojo54, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    I awoke to the sound of a chicken muttering and thought it was Lulu wanting her morning greeting (she sleeps in the garage instead of with the others). [​IMG] My DS let the girls and Lulu out this morning but he doesn't stop to chat with her. I went out to give her our morning cuddles when I heard the muttering outside the front gate. [​IMG] Some how one of the girls was pacing and muttering as if to say, "I think this is the place". [​IMG] I opened the gate and she scooted in but seemed confused at where she should go. [​IMG] I picked her up and carried her into the backyard where she calmed down when she saw the others in the run. [​IMG]

We think she may have climbed over into the neighbours yard through the trees by the fence (I have a couple escape artists that do that) and got stuck there and had to spend the night. [​IMG] Or she got mixed up in her directions and flew over the wrong fence. [​IMG] Either way, to get where she was, she had to have gone over at least 2 or 3 different fences. [​IMG]

We are scratching our heads as to what happened but she seemed as confused as us and didn't share her adventures with us. [​IMG]

2. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Oh, don't you wish you knew what they were doing and thinking when we aren't around!! Glad she is home safe and sound...

3. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Mine aren't escaping, but I would like to know just what they're thinking sometimes.

My bass-ackwards rooster, for example...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by