We were told we were "ar-you-canas"

rizq

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Tennessee
lau.gif

I shouldn't laugh. We got them from our neighbor several months ago, traded for a pair of brahmas. I think they are just EE. My main question about them is what color are they? They are not mature yet, obviously. The pullet hasn't started to lay yet, unsure of exact age. I'd say they should be getting close to 4 months. They have recently decided to become VERY sweet puppy dog chickens and follow me around everywhere (he started because he can't stand to be far from her and just basically does what she does). They started pretty wild and flighty, but now beg to be petted and held. Of course, I am mostly just a treat dispenser
big_smile.png
, but I LOVE these chickens!

This is Gypsy
love.gif

Gypsybody.jpg

Gypsyonroost.jpg

Gypsyhead.jpg

Gypsylook.jpg

And this is her devoted boyfriend Rusty
Rustybody.jpg

Rustyhead.jpg

Rustystrut.jpg

I have looked and looked for some chicken color reference to try to determine what you might call these colors, but can't really find anything.

All help is appreciated.

They are Easter Eggers and are not a standard color. They look like the could be a bit of a Blue Salmon like the Blue Salmon Faverolles.

Good Luck

ETA: The roo is the one that looks blue salmonish.

Last edited:
yup... they're whatever you wanna call them
big_smile.png
Those aren't standard colors, so name away
big_smile.png
I like the red/blue one... very pretty colors!

I have a black Ameraucana named Gypsy so I like the name. Your Gypsy is about the most beautiful Easter Egger I've ever seen. She's drop dead gorgeous! I have one named June that has blue in her plumage, but her base color is more wheaten than dark like yours. She's just a real beauty!!

I loooove EEs- if you hatch their chicks, they are sooooo cute- it's the cheeks that does it
wink.png

Here's Charlotte, she's an EE we rescued from death-by-pasty-butt-and-RSS at a feed store. She was the first of our EEs to lay. As you can see, they come in all sorts of pretty colors! As for our other 2, Lillith is a birchen sort of color and Fatima looks a bit like your hen except she had more gold.
Charlotte:
sickchick

charlotte418_3.jpg

charlottesegg1

Lillith:
Lillith

lillithmay7_5.jpg

sicklillith

Sorry, no recent pics.

Fatima:
Fatima

fatima3

Not even any vaugely recent pics.

Former hen Penelope (Penny):
penelope

One trait EEs SHOULD have (hence the name Easter Egger) is blue eggs. Shar-Shar is lacking in this category, here's her egg. WHITE!
roll.png

charlottesegg2

On the other hand, here's one Penelope's eggs:
pennysfirstegg2

Sorry for the total pic overload, I just
love.gif
EEs!

One of our banties lays a yellowish tan egg. The rest lay a greenish blue. I can't wait to see what Gypsy lays
big_smile.png
I can't wait to stick some in the bator!

*Hi, my name is Becki, and I am a chick-a-holic*

Back
Top Bottom