Weak baby chick being trampled?

Kheinrich

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2018
I have no idea what to do about this tiny little silkie chick. When I first brought her home, she was small and made a lot of noise. She has not grown nearly as fast as the other chicks in the brooder. About 3 days later, she is constantly sleeping and doesn’t eat or drink much unless I move her next to the bowls. Not to mention, whenever she tries to eat she gets totally trampled by the other, bigger chicks. I have 11 other chicks in the brooder. Do I separate her? Do I feed her vitamins? I’m so upset, I don’t want to loose this tiny chick.
86725D9B-F245-4AB6-87E8-F59BAA965B80.png

Hand feed her sum yogurt and water or gator aid. Next put some speed bumps, some plywood 2x4s and a seperate area for her. Wrks everytime

Do you currently have poultry nutri drench available? This is an excellent and often life saving substance as it is readily absorbed by the chick's body and gives them an instant boost.
Yes at this point it is going to be important to provide her a safe area to prevent further damage by the larger and faster moving chicks. How large is the brooder that you currently have them in? If possible simply dividing a small area with the use of poultry netting or some other easily movable product can provide a small safe area for her while maintaining her connection with her brood mates to ease the transition once she has recovered enough to be re integrated

Do you currently have poultry nutri drench available? This is an excellent and often life saving substance as it is readily absorbed by the chick's body and gives them an instant boost.
Yes at this point it is going to be important to provide her a safe area to prevent further damage by the larger and faster moving chicks. How large is the brooder that you currently have them in? If possible simply dividing a small area with the use of poultry netting or some other easily movable product can provide a small safe area for her while maintaining her connection with her brood mates to ease the transition once she has recovered enough to be re integrated

Will the nutri drench affect her negatively in the future? I cut paper plates into halves and made a wall (desperate times calls for desperate measures). What else can I do for her, besides watch her constantly and make sure she eats and drinks

Back
Top Bottom