Weak Button Quail Chick

TheNeonPanther

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 7, 2015
Conroe/Willis, Tx
My Coop
My Coop
I recently got 5 button quail, 4 chicks and 1 young adult. (I got them today, 4PM. Currently 3 AM as I post this.) I separated the young adult from the chicks ASAP. (YA did not hurt the chicks at all, luckily.) The ride home was a bit bumpy and when they all were transferred in the brooder I noticed one was very weak so I gave it sugar water, feed and moved it into the hospital home with a heating pad. 30 minutes later another was acting weak so I moved it in the hospital, 30 more minutes the last chicks were weak so I also moved them in. (The young adult was doing fine.) About 40 minutes later all of them were so sick I had to hold them under a heat lamp and nurse them back to health for another 40 minutes. They were soon running around but the same first one was still weaker than the others but not as weak as before. It could still get up, eat, drink and all the other chicks were huddling with it instead of pecking it and are still currently doing the same, I thought of moving it back to the hospital but all the others were being friendly and it might be stressed out if I did, which might make it more sick..and there was no way I could move it anyways because in the rush to save the chicks I knocked the water on the heating pad, and it would be too dangerous to turn back on. If it still is weak in the morning I will move it to the hospital..but if I know what I am doing, why am I posting here you may ask? I need to ask, until tomorrow, should I leave it be with the chicks or somehow remove it? What could I do for it until tomorrow? (like I said before, the other are being friendly and it still has access to water and food.)
Also, the chicks are all in between 1/2 - 4 days old.

UPDATE: This chick passed away. We did everything we could..

Last edited:
How are the chicks doing?

The rest are doing great and getting adult feathers, the weak one sadly passed away a day after I posted this.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom