WEAK CHICK HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Animal Lover<3, May 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Animal Lover<3

Animal Lover<3 In the Brooder

Jul 12, 2018
    Yesterday i got 2 baby chicks.They were doing fine until about 30 minutes ago one of them looked very weak,it couldn't stand up.It just falls on its side with its eyes closed.I wrapped it up in a blanket with the other one.So far it has only lifted up its head a tiny bit.Any ideas on what it could be?Any tips on what i could try to do?Please i need help i would appreciate anything i could get.

2. coach723

coach723 Crowing

Feb 12, 2015
    North Florida
    Do you have any electrolites (sav-a-chick)? If not you can use some pedialite. Try to get it to take some every 20 minutes or so, alternate with plain fresh water. If you have any poultry nutridrench give it a couple of drops of that also. You can also give some raw egg yolk mixed in some water. Hold the chick with the beak in the crease of a bend in your finger and drip the fluid into the crease and let it run down to the tip of the beak, the chick should swallow it. You can also try dipping the beak or use a dropper and drop it onto the tip of the beak. Sometimes the stress of shipping/moving can be too much for some of them. Hopefully with a little support and time it will perk up. Make sure it's warm enough, try to keep it hydrated, and keep us posted.

Wyorp Rock likes this.
  3. Animal Lover<3

Animal Lover<3 In the Brooder

Jul 12, 2018
    Thank you very much i will try that.It's doing much better it stands up a little and chirps hopefully by tomorrow he or she will be much better.

Wyorp Rock likes this.
  4. coach723

coach723 Crowing

Feb 12, 2015
    North Florida
    How is your chick today?

Wyorp Rock likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: